The Microsoft Office 2003 and later versions contain a tool called the Microsoft Office Picture Manager. With this tool, you can view the pictures and do basic edits on the pictures such as changing the size of a picture. Microsoft Office provides many ways for the users to have the computer automatically detect the issues and reinstall the software from the Office disk to replace the components that have sustained damages. If you are facing any issues with the Microsoft Office Picture Manager like unexpected shut down or the application failing to load, you can make use of the Microsoft Office repair tools to repair it.
- Launch the Microsoft Office Picture Manager tool. Click on the Help drop down menu located along the top row of the open window and then click on Detect and Repair.
- You will be able to see an option labeled Restore my shortcuts while repairing. Put a check in this box and uncheck the second box. Click on the Start button. If your computer prompts you to insert the disk of Microsoft Office, put it inside the optical drive of your PC and click on OK. Windows will scan the program files folder for the Picture Manager and if needed, copies the files from the disk and replaces the files on the drive.
- Once the repair process finishes, click on OK and try using the Picture Manager again. If the application responds without any issue, you have resolved the issue. Else, go to the next step.
- In the Picture Manager, run the Detect and Repair operation again. Place a check mark in the box labeled Discard my customized settings and restore default settings and click on Start.
- Click on the OK button and try to use the manager again. If there are still errors, proceed to the next step.
- Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel. In the Control Panel window, click on Uninstall a Program if the Control Panel window is in the Home view, else on Programs and Features if it is in the Classic view.
- Click on Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 and then on the Change button.
- Click on Reinstall or Repair button and then on Next.
- Check the Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation radio button and click on Install. If you have not inserted the disk of Microsoft Office, insert it when prompted.
- Once the repair is finished, click on OK.