Touchpad is something that’s valued above everything on a laptop- It is onething that you will not find on a desktop. As you know that touchpads are essential for scrolling through the pages and selecting various options in a window. Every laptop comes with a touchpad built in it. You may also know that you have an option to use an optical mouse by connecting it to the USB port of your laptop. When you connect the optical mouse to the USB port, the touchpad on your laptop will be disabled automatically. Earlier users could enable the touchpad by accessing the “Hardware and Sound” menu from the Control Panel. But with the release of Windows 7 this traditional menu was replaced by the “Ease of Access Center”. This menu holds the lead to the mouse properties in Windows 7. If your laptop is updated with all the latest versions of mouse drivers, go to the the mouse properties and tag along these tips generated by Windows 7 help center to boot up your touchpad.
• Power up your Windows 7 laptop and update all the drivers on your laptop by connecting your laptop to the computer manufacturer’s official website. Now“Restart” your machine.
• Now go to the "Start" tab placed on the bottom left corner of your Windows 7 desktop and hit on the "Control Panel" icon that lies along with many other tabs in the startup menu.
• Hunt for the tab with the label "Ease of Access" and click on it when you find it to unleash the Ease of Access Center. In the new window hit on the "Change how your mouse works" tab to make changes.
• Roll way down to the foot of the current window and scan around for a tab with the label "Make the mouse easier to use". Now hit on the "Mouse Settings" which lies under the tab "See Also" to unveil the Properties of the mouse.
• Now go to the touchpad icon that lies in the middle portions of the window and go for the tab “Device Select and Button Settings".
• Now hit the "Enable" tab which lies beneath the "Touchpad" menu. Last but not the least go for the "Apply" tab to save the new settings and later stab the "OK" to save the changes made as per the recommendation of Windows 7 help and support center.
Regularly update your system for some of the latest software patches from Microsoft.