Microsoft Outlook is the most popular email manager program in the world and it got that title due to various features embedded with the program. A distribution list or mailing list is one of such features and the main use of the distribution list to help the users send an email to multiple senders. Here we discuss how to create a distribution list in the Outlook 2007 email client.
- Launch the Outlook email manager program by double clicking on its icon found in the desktop. When the application window appears on the screen, click on the File tab located at the top of the window.
- Click on the New tab found in the drop down menu that appears on the screen and then on the option labeled as Distribution List found in the context menu that appears on the screen.
- A window labeled as Untitled Distribution List will now appear on the screen, type in a name for the distribution list by typing it in the text box found next to the option labeled as Name.
- Now the program gives you two options, either you can exit the newly created mailing list or distribution list by clicking on the Save & Close button or you can start configuring the distribution list by adding contacts to the list from the Outlook address book.
- If you choose the second option, click on the button labeled as Add New for adding a contact manually; fill in the details of the contact in the required fields. However, if you wish to add multiple contacts from the Outlook address book, click on the Select Members button found in the window.
- When the window shows you the address book, select the people that you would like to add to the new distribution list. After you have added all the contacts in the mailing list, click on the Save & Close button for saving the changes and to exit from the setup window.