If your Help and Support function is not at its best these days, it only means one thing: either the files are missing, or you have accidentally removed the function itself from the system. OK, that’s two things, but I think you get the point. You can correct these problems by using the following instructions.
Instructions to fix the help support
• To start off, you need to navigate to the “Start” menu. From the list of options, you need to select the Run option.
• The run dialogue box is displayed immediately. Enter the command “%windir%\INF” in the box given, and hit the Enter button.
• From the new window that is displayed, select the file “pchealth.inf”. Now right click on the same to display a list of options. From the new list, select the Install option.
• To advance to the next step, the Windows XP Help and Support experts recommend you insert the Windows XP CD when prompted. When the CD contents are finally displayed, you need to navigate to the folder “i386”.
• This is located at the drive roof of Windows XP CD. For instance, it may be given as “DriveLetter:\I386”. To advance to the next step, you need to select the OK button.
• The Help and Support files are immediately restored, and ready to use.
If the problem still persists, you need to follow the instructions given below.
• Open the computer and navigate to the “Start” menu. A new list of options is displayed on the screen.
• From the new list, locate the “Run” option and click on it. When the “Run” dialogue box is finally displayed, you need to enter the command “Taskmgr “.
• Now hit the “Enter” button or click on the OK button. The “Task Manager” window is displayed immediately. To advance to the next step, the Windows XP help and support experts recommend you select the Process tab.
• You need to terminate certain process in order to proceed further with the procedures. These processes include helpctr.exe, helpsvc.exe and helpsvc.exe.
The most expedient way to obtain help fixing the major problems you encounter in the computer is the Help and Support feature, and nobody would contest that statement. This is why it is important to have this function enabled and readily accessible on the PC.