Nobody would want to be interrupted right in the middle of some important work and if it comes in the form of pop-up messages or warnings, the case is even worse. Even though these pop-up messages are a common thing while surfing the Internet, you can get these annoying messages while you work on Microsoft Office programs as well. These Office Live pop-ups ask you to start using the online services of Microsoft Office. According to our Microsoft chat support team, you can stop these pop-ups very easily. Well, here in this article, I have come up with some simple instructions that will help you to get rid of this menace in a matter of few minutes.
How to Disable Pop-Ups Temporarily
- Start out by launching the Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint on your computer.
- Next up, you need to select the check boxes that are located beside the option Do not show me this message again as soon as the Office Live pop-ups open up.
- Now, you need to click on the Close button after your work. Doing so will disable the pop-ups temporarily. Please note that these pop-ups will appear when you open up an Office program the next time.
How to Disable Pop-Ups Permanently
- Go to the Windows Start menu that is located on the left side bottom corner of your computer screen and then click on the icon that is labeled by Run from the list of Start menu options.
- Now, type in the text regedit in the text field besides Open and hit the OK button. This will open up the Registry Editor window on your computer screen.
- Next up, you need to navigate to the Registry Editor entry named as HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software.
- Once you do that, you need to click on the Edit button located on the main toolbar in the Registry window. Click on the New button followed by Key.
- Following which you need to type in the text OfficeLive in the dialog box and hit the Enter key on your computer keyboard. Close down the Registry Editor window.
- After that, open up Office programs and select the checkboxes next to Do not show me this message again option when the pop-up is displayed.
Now, that was some information about stopping Microsoft Office pop-ups. For any further assistance on this, please do get in touch with our Microsoft chat support team.