Windows Live Messenger is one of the most used messengers of all time. Windows Live Messenger was previously known as MSN Messenger, before the partnership of Microsoft and MSN. Windows Live Messenger got its publicity due to its user friendly interface and functions. Most of the functions are very good and they offer very secure protection systems. Instant Chat Messenger facility is the most famous service provided by the Windows Live team.
Windows Messenger provides the option of blocking certain users in case of abuse or pestering via messenger service. This helps the users of Windows Live team to avoid certain users. The best thing about the User block system is that the blocked user doesn't get any notifications regarding the block. He sees the other user as offline even when he is online and he won’t be able to send messages.
Instructions by Windows Live help
These instructions by the Windows Live help team will guide the users through the procedure for blocking unwanted users in their Windows Live Messenger. The steps are simple and effective. Once these steps are worked out, unwanted users will not be able to contact the Windows Live user. The steps are as follows:
• Load Windows Live Messenger.
• Sign into the Windows Live Messenger program.
• Right-click the name of the user on the contact list that you wish to unblock.
• Select Appear offline to this person, and click OK to confirm.
• This unblocks the user.
• If the user is not on the contact list, continue to the next step to re-add the contact.
• Click the button next to the word Inbox near the top of the window
• Click the Contacts drop-down and select Add a Contact.
• Type the email address of the user whom you want to add, and then click Next.
• Click the check box if you would like to add the user as a favorite, and then click Next.
• Windows Live Messenger sends an invitation to the user.
• When the user accepts, he will begin appearing on the contact list again.
• Click Close.
• Unblock the user after the invitation is accepted.
Following the instructions above to complete the process will help you unblock the users who were blocked by the Windows Live User block system.